Despite breakup rumours, Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde left the “DWD” celebration together.
In the midst of breakup rumours, Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde were seen leaving the “Don’t Worry Darling” premiere together.
On Monday, they were seen in a video leaving the movie’s afterparty in New York City as they were seen in photos.
The sighting follows weeks of reports that the “As It Was” singer, 28, and Wilde, 38, had broken up following the dismal Venice Film Festival premiere.
Because of their limited interaction in Italy earlier this month, many assumed that the movie’s actor and his director, who met on the shoot of the movie and announced they were dating in January 2021, were no longer together.
Chris Pine and Florence Pugh, Styles’ co-stars, did not attend the premiere on Monday.
In a pre-recorded greeting to fans, the “Midsommar” actress, 26, and “Wonder Woman” star, 42, apologised for being unable to attend due to scheduling issues.
Before the movie started, Pugh and Pine, who are now filming “Dune: Part Two” in Europe and Los Angeles, respectively, appeared in a brief video. Pugh said, “We did not want to miss this opportunity to thank you for coming to witness ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ in IMAX.”
Pine wished the viewers an enjoyable time with the movie as the video message came to a close.
Although it appears that Styles and Wilde are getting along well, there has been a lot of tension going on behind the scenes of the next movie.
In recent months, Wilde has made an effort to play down allegations of a falling-out with Pugh, who has missed numerous film-related events. In Venice, she claimed that she doesn’t “need to contribute” to the speculations.
Shia LaBeouf, the initial lead of the movie, was sacked, according to Wilde, who claimed in August that she was “troubled” by his behaviour. He vehemently disputed being fired from the movie and stated that he had to leave since he couldn’t find time to practise with the other performers.
A video of Wilde pleading with LaBeouf to remain on “DWD” surfaced around the same time, even implying that the actor and Pugh had issues.
She said in the video, “I believe this may serve as a bit of a wake-up call for Miss Flo, and I want to know if you’re open to giving this a go with me, with us.
Then Wilde asked, “If you guys can make peace — and I appreciate your point of view, I respect hers — but if you guys can do it, what do you think?” “If she really commits,” he added, “if she really puts her mind and heart into it at this point and if you guys can make peace, what do you think?”
Vanity Fair quoted Wilde as saying that the allegations that she had abandoned Jason Sudeikis for Styles were “horses-t.”