‘Fired up’ Tony Khan holds AEW talent meeting on internal communication and WWE tampering, according to reports.
AEW is said to have held a mandatory meeting with talent this afternoon (Aug. 24) before Dynamite in Cleveland.
Fightful Select broke the news first, citing sources among the wrestlers who said it would address “rumours of unrest, contract inquiries, and personal issues.”
Both that site and PWInsider have now published meeting notes:
• Tony Khan presided over the meeting. The AEW owner/president/booker was described as “very animated and impassioned” by Insider, while Fightful said TK was “fired up.”
• The recently expanded talent relations team, as well as other recently implemented systems and structures, were discussed. An email was also sent to the roster, informing them about the new coaches and talent relations representatives. It was emphasised that these were put in place to help the talent.
• According to Fightful, access to Khan was discussed in response to rumours of inability to speak with him and resulting miscommunication. Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks, Executive Vice-Presidents, have reportedly stated that their doors are always open and that issues can be addressed with them as well.
• According to an insider, TK informed the team that AEW’s Chief Legal Officer Megha Parekh sent an email to WWE co-CEOs Nick Khan and Stephanie McMahon right before the meeting “warning them ‘not to tamper’ with his talent.”
• Tony Schiavone and Chris Jericho are also said to have spoken at the meeting.
More as we get it.