Gilbane Building Co. revenue up 8%
- Providence, Rhode-Island based Gilbane Building Co. released its annual report last month that showcases its work throughout last year and provides insight into the company’s plans going forward.
- The privately owned company reported $6.5 billion in revenue for its building division. The number represented an 8% increase from its $6 billion in revenue from the year before, according to the company.
- Gilbane also spotlighted its performance with public-private partnerships. It reported a portfolio of more than 40 P3 projects totaling more than $4 billion, including the $300 million University of South Carolina health sciences campus and the $212 million Eastern Michigan University OnCampus Student Housing Program.
The company did not release an annual report last year, opting instead to release an ESG report.
The path forward for the company continues to be through ESG efforts, along with digital and innovative focuses like cybersecurity and carbon reduction, said Kelly Benedict, the company’s head of innovation and transformation, in an interview with Construction Dive.
“I think there’s a lot of white space for innovation and reduction of embodied carbon in particular for our industry,” Benedict said.
Other projects the company emphasized in the report include:
- Rhine Ordnance Barracks Medical Center replacement, Landstuhl, Germany: Anticipated as the largest U.S. medical center on foreign soilthe $969 million, 985,000-square-foot hospital will include nine operating rooms, 120 exam rooms, 68 beds and a surge capacity of 25 additional beds. It will serve as the only forward-station evacuation and treatment center for injured U.S. service members, civilians and contractors serving in Central and Southwest Asia, Europe and Africa. The project is a JV of Gilbane and Züblin, a German construction firm.
- Indiana University Health Adult Academic Health Center, Indianapolis, Indiana: IUH’s new downtown hospital and expanded medical campus aims will offer adult acute care. The project combines adult services into one location with inpatient and observation beds, a full-service outpatient center, a medical education building and on-site faculty offices.
- Intel Semiconductor Fabs, New Albany, Ohio: The $20 billion semiconductor fabrication facilities are a high profile project for the company, which is leading the team that will provide the early excavation work for the build.
In addition, Gilbane was recently selected to manage the construction of the new $1.4 billion home for the NFL’s Buffalo Bills in a joint venture with New York-based Turner Construction. It’s the largest project in the region’s history.